This Week in Numbers #11




-On Monday it was 100 years exactly since the day that World War I was declared. A lot of soldiers joined the army unaware of the horror that they would face in the trenches, many of them only teenagers. It was one of the biggest wars that the world had seen and the volume of the devastation and damaged left after the four years was unimaginable. I lit a candle in the evening on the windowsill and left it burning all night as sign of my gratitude to the men who lost their lives fighting for their country. 

-I also sat down and watched War Horse. It is a beautiful films about "the friendship between a horse and a boy called Albert. When they are forced to part, the film follows the journey of the horse as he moves through the war, changing and inspiring the lives of all those he meets-British cavalry, German soldiers, and a French farmer and his granddaughter-before the story reaches its emotional climax in the heart of No Man's Land" (Source

-My Nan and Grandad came round on Thursday and took me to Southend-On-Sea as the weather was really HOT! They treated me to a meal and an ice cream before we found a spot on the beach and sunbathed. Sunbathing in England? Who would believe it! 


-Then the next day my parents FINALLY took me to The Warner Brothers Studio Tour: The Making of Harry Potter! And it was amazing! I got to see many of the famous sets they used for the films including The Great Hall, Dumbledore's Office, Hagrid's Hut and Diagon Ally as well as many props like the Philosophers Stone and all the horcruxs. You could even fly on a broomstick if you want! The staff were wonderful as well- true Potterheads. The only down side was the fact that you would need to win the lottery the buy anything in the gift shop! 

Here are a few pictures but I took so many (over 250!) that I am thinking of doing a photo album type post later in the week:







-Then to round off the week three of my old DS games that I put up on Ebay sold and have gone to nice new homes rather than sitting in a dusty wardrobe all day long! 

What will next week bring, I wonder?
Love Beth xx







0 Comments