Life Reflection | Confidence


Source
I am a quite a shy person so I know how annoying that feeling can be of wanting to say something but not quite being able to say it. I don't think a lot of people really appreciate their outgoing, confidence nature until they came across someone like me. There have been many times when I have declined invites to launch parties and social events because the idea of going made me feel physically sick. It's really strange though how confident I am with my friends when I meet new people, but as soon as I'm alone I feel completely vulnerable and isolated.

My lake of confidence does stop me from doing things I want to. That's the worst part. And now its getting closer to 6th form application time, I really need to stop doing some work experience and voluntary work to put on my pretty-much-blank CV.
 
So on Thursday I forced myself to volunteered at my school's Open Evening for future Year 7 students. I just jumped straight into the deep end that on Thursday was filled to the brim with strangers asking awkward questions and wanting tours around the school. My worst nightmare in a sentence? Think again.    
                                                  
I have no idea know what happened to me....but I actually enjoyed myself! It was nice to just help promote the school and speak to parents and children about their thoughts. And for the whole evening I didn't stop smiling. Not even once (my face ached afterwards, but that's not the point!).

So I guess the reason I wrote this was to show you that even if time and time again you don't do something because your scared or nervous or worried, there will always be another opportunity. And one day you will do it. You just have to get out there and force yourself to, even if it feels like your about to die inside.

I did something I never thought I could and now it has given me that tiny bit more confidence to do more. Next Stop: Babysitting and helping out at my local Brownie pack.

As Walt Disney said "All our dreams can come true- if we have the courage to pursue them"

Love Beth xx


0 Comments