6 Things That Made Me Smile This Week!


We're now 7 days into December! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? The weather is quite clearly brewing up for a storm and how lovely would it be to top off the year with a white Christmas? But more on Christmas later in the week. For now we shall all harmoniously jump for joy at the thought that I only have ONE MORE mock exam to go. I'm so glad that this week is finally over because I can't wait to get back to blogging. I do feel that I struggled to get the  balance right between studying and writing, but I promise that I'll get better come GCSE time. And to treat you, my dear reader chums, you can look forward to weeks upon weeks packed full of festive fun and cheer. This will be my blogs first Christmas so I hope I can make it a memorable one!

So what me smile this week? Come to think of it did I even smile? Take a look:


1. This week, I took part in my first ever Twitter Chat! I've heard lots of bloggers talking about them and how beneficial they can be for putting your blog out there, but I didn't really know what to do. That was until I fell upon this little post and realised things weren't as complicated as I had expected them to be. I really enjoyed the experience and am atcually planning to try the #lbloggers chat tonight!

2. With the weather getting colder, the nights are absolutely freezing. But nothing a good hot water bottle can't fix right?

3. Almost every night this week Toby has somehow managed to wiggle himself upstairs and onto my bed without anyone seeing him. It was such a wonderful surprise to go up there and see him snuggled at the bottom of the mattress, cuddling a toy sheep named Larry. He stayed in extactly the same position all night long and came down for breakfast with me- which normally involves him sticking his head in my cereal bowl to lap up the milk when I'm not watching!

4. I've seen a few posts flying around this week about Beauty-vent calendars, where rather than getting an chocolate each day you open a flap, you get a nail vanish or eyeshadow. But for me I think I'll stick to the traditional Cadbury's one, thank you very much. You can't beat chocolate!

5. The end of revision, as already spoken about, I thought needed its own little Things That Made Me Smile segment so we can all just appreciate how nice it is to not feel guilty about watching a film because there's an algebra equation you should be doing instead.

6. And lastly on Friday as a little well-done gift my mum brought me The Fault In Our Stars on DVD. But that's probably because she wanted to watch it, but still it was a nice evening...with lots of tissues to go alongside it.

Hope you all had a lovely week too,
Love Beth xx

P.s Hello to those new readers. I really appreciate it!

5 Comments

  1. I've neve done a blogger twitter chat before! It sounds like fun :)

    http://www.skinnybelle.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly it's great fun! I did one last night and got 100 pageviews in a matter of mintues!

      Delete
  2. I loove twitter chats, hope you enjoyed lbloggers tonight! I think they are great to talk to other bloggers and connect. I like to host them too! Sounds like you had a good week, kitty is so cute!! x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the most adorable cat I have ever seen! (Apart from my own, of course... but I could be being a little bias there) haha

    Kirstie
    www.kirstiekinsblogs.co.uk | Literary and Lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete

Reading a comment always makes my day a little bit brighter! Thank you for stopping by and I will get back to you soon xx