6 Things That Made Me Smile This Week!

This week has been one of those long weeks where the whole time I have been counting down the days until the weekend. For a long time it looked like it wasn't going to come around at all and that we would forever be stuck scrolling through pages of TGIF images on Instagram. But as always, the weekend did finally come. Cue not waking up until lunchtime for a good old brunch, snuggling under a duvet in your PJs watching films, drinking cup after cup of tea until you really gotta go pee and just generally living the high life. I mean what else are weekends for?

Unfortunately this weekend didn't quite go to plan, as most of you are probably aware. Of course I try to keep this place as a happy retreat from the world but I thought it best to not hide away from such a terrible thing that has happened. For Friday 13th's curse seem to really come true as the news of the Paris terrorist attack swept across our TV screens. It's such an awful thing that its getting to the point where I'm terrified to even leave the house, because no where, not even a nightclub, is safe from these people. I'm just glad that people are taking time out to pay tribute the victims of this attack and I really really hope that nothing ever happens like this again!

In other news, here's what has made me smile this week:

1. The Hunger Games!


I literally cannot contain my excitement that Mockingjay Part 2 is out in cinemas next Thursday. I just recently finished reading the book for the millionth time and still I always turn into a big, fat blubbering mess by the end of it. The whole story line is amazing, the characters I have just completely fallen in love with and even now just thinking about it I can't help letting out a little squeal of excitement. And I can't believe I'm even going to say this but...I think...that Hunger Games is better than Harry Potter. Shoot me now! But I just think the moral and the emotion behind the story is so much deeper than a boy whose parents have died. Don't get me wrong, I adore Harry Potter but Hunger Games just has something about it that I can't stop thinking about. Not the mention the fact that when a certain character die and I legit cried more than when Dobby did!

Oh and can we just spend a few moments oohing and ahhing at my fabulously long pinky finger below. No lie, I have been growing it for about two years now!


2. Steaming hot baths

The weather is most defiantly getting colder and as  my dear old Nan would say, I can feel it in my bones. So there is nothing better (sorry cake!) than running a hot bath, throwing in a Lush bath bomb and just floating. I love that bit when you put your ears underwater and it feels like you are the only person in the whole world. And it's just pure bliss!

3. Meeting old friends 

After family, friends are the next most important people in my life. And now we have all spread out all over the show, meeting up is ten times as hard. One friend, bearing in mind that we used to spend every single day together, I haven't seen in almost six months because life just always seemed to get in the way! So it was so lovely to finally catch up her and twenty six weeks worth of gossip when we out together to Joy Fook, the loveliest little Chinese restaurant I've been to. And here hoping we will see each other again before April 2016!


4. Making Instagram a Happier Place

 I have been struggling to get my blogging mojo going for a few weeks now but when I wrote a post earlier this week about making Instagram a happy place, it's finally got the ball rolling. Not only that but its made me a lot happier in my self because I am not longer torturing myself with pictures of hot girls and bloggers jet setting around the globe. If that's something you do, then pop over and have a look at the post to see how you make your own feed a happier place to be.

5. Christmas shopping!!!!

Oh it's that time of year again when everyone is racking their brain trying to think of presents to get each other that don't just consist of novelty Christmas jumpers and bars of Dairy Milk. I swear it gets harder and harder each year! Anyway, in case anybody wants to pop me a little Secret Santa gift, I've fallen in love with this mermaid necklace big time. Like who wouldn't want this beauty hanging around their neck?



6. Battle of the Christmas adverts! 

Every year it happens and every year they seem to get bigger and better. From John Lewis's Man On The Moon advert, which did make me cry a little and Sainsbury's Mog's Christmas Calamity advert. Maybe it's because I'm a crazy cat lady and a sucker for a little comedy, but Sainsbury's advert is winning for me at the moment. How about you?

Lots of love,
Beth xx

4 Comments

  1. It's so sad to here about the Paris attacks but we have to remeber we can't we scared by these people! I am not a fan of the sainsburys advert much perfer John Lewis x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Its just so difficult not to be afraid especially when these attacks are so unprovoked and out of the blue. And I can see why you like the John Lewis adverts, but I think its just the cat mumma in my coming out x

      Delete
  2. Meeting friends you've not seen in ages is the best! I love the necklace too <3

    Gisforgingers xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's such a shame when you have to part x

      Delete

Reading a comment always makes my day a little bit brighter! Thank you for stopping by and I will get back to you soon xx