6 Things That Made Me Smile This Week!

This week has been a bloody busy week with lots of deadlines to meet, fifty million exams to revise for and just general work that has torn me away from my social life! At the moment the TV is my best friend thanks to programmes like I'm A Celebrity, The X Factor, The Apprentice, The Hunt and amazing new police drama Cuffs.

I've been eager to do a bit a baking but just haven't got around to it yet. Next week maybe?

Anyway here's what else happened this week:

1. Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer 

Me and make-up have a love hate relationship. I'm constantly spending money of the stuff because hey who doesn't wanna look banging, but I seriously need to attended make-up classes or something as I'm terrible at applying it. There is just so many different brands, products and colours to choose from that I never know really what to pick. You can't even seem to rely on the adverts because the weightless-flawless-perfection foundation they are talking about is so heavy and cakey it makes you feel like you can't even move your face!

However I saw this concealer  reviewed on a blog and as I am desperately in need of something (anything!!) to cover up these awful teenage spots, I just went for it. Turns out that, for once, I actually made a good decision. The 'fair' colour matches my pale skin perfectly and blends well to cover the spots- although not as well as I would have wanted but beggars can't be chooser!



2. The First Frost Of Winter

On Monday I climbed out of bed, pulled on this sexy little beast  and headed out at to catch the 7.34am bus. I am mostly defiantly NOT a morning person so having to be awake, let alone dressed and standing at a bus stop by this time every morning is not fun. But it is getting a little easier now when all I have to do is step outside my front door (which I have a very strange urge to paint bright blue!) and I come face to face with the most beautiful morning ever. There was that wintry chill in the air that just bearable, spider webs covered in dew which instantly reminded me of that book Charlotte's Web and grass that crunched with frost under my shoes. I'm just kicking myself for leaving my camera and phone at home!

So yeah, Winter is coming people and for the first time ever I actually can't wait. Autumn was so last season- pun very much intended!

3. Hustle and bustle of Home 

Sometimes I wish I could just pack my bag and move into my own place so I could do whatever the f I like. But then other times I really love having my family around me. It is just eerily quiet when nobody else is home and I know when I eventually do leave home, I will miss the hustle and bustle of people coming and going. I'll also miss the babe that is my memory foam mattress but that's another story!

4. I went to see Mockingjay Part Two and OMFFFFG! 

The fact that I saw it at the cinema a few days ago, had a dream about it last night and still squeal like a little girl when I think of Peeta Malark aka my future husband (I know he's a fictional character but a girl can dream!) definitely says something. I mean I don't even know where to start, it was just so flipping fantastic and action packed and emotional and my fav character died and OMG it was the last film ever! What am I going to do with my life now?

I know, I'll just re read the books again for like the millionth time and spend my weekends searching youtube for interviews and backstage gossip!

Don't judge :)


5. Three weeks to Christmas baby! 

I can't contain my excitement. And, like the amazing person I am, I have done all my Christmas present shopping already. Last year I ended up running around like a mad woman a few days before the big day picking up presents that I had forgotten to get, but this time I'm super organised. You best be too because I swear Christmas seems to creep up on you out of nowhere! Like woooah, Santa you better slow down that sleigh of yours otherwise I'll swap your reindeer's water for my secret stash of voddie and see how fast they get here then!

6. You beautiful people

I don't think a lot of bloggers out rightly thank their following, which is obviously wrong because they are the reason you are where you are today. So I wanted to dedicate this Smile to you guys who even though I haven't been blogging much recently and missed out this post last weekend, have still been tuning in daily. My following has even increased this week without me getting my laptop out once, which is amazing! So thank you beautiful beautiful people and here's me sending you lots of love.

Until next week,
Beth xx

2 Comments

  1. Sounds like a busy week! I get what you mean about the hustle and bustle of home... I love to come back to my parents faffing around when I visit home from uni haha! :) x

    Polly Cat Contemplates

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it does sound strange to some people who like a quiet life but I will defo miss all the comings and goings when I move out x

      Delete

Reading a comment always makes my day a little bit brighter! Thank you for stopping by and I will get back to you soon xx